CMC – First Appointment
How to Register and Book a First Appointment
This page tells you how you can get appointments for any department at the
Christian Medical College, Vellore.
New Patients: You need to Register before you can book your first appointment. You only need to register ONCE. The site will take you through the stages.
You can register and book on-line, by post/courier or by coming to the hospital.
As a new patient you can go to http://clin.cmcvellore.ac.in/webapt/.
This will take you to the registration page. You can fill in the form on this web page. Please note the confirmation number you are given. You will need the confirmation number to book your appointment. You CAN now book this first appointment on line.
Register by Post or Courier.
You can also register by post or courier. The registration form also books the appointment.
- Download and print the registration form from this link: http://www.cmch-vellore.edu/pdf/sociological.pdf.
- Fill it in with the new patient’s information and appointment you want.
- Then send this to the Head, Outpatient Services (see address below) WITH a demand draft (see below).
Register at the Hospital.
- You can come to the hospital and register.
- They will fill in the registration form for you. They will also book your appointment for you.
- Or you can bring a registration from that you have downloaded and filled in. Take this to the counter. They will register you and book the appointment. You need to go to a cash counter that can register patients. Please ask at the enquiry desk or see the labels above the cash counters. There is a counter open for registration 24hrs a day every day of the week.
Email: You cannot register nor book an appointment by email. But, you can ask questions by email. The email id is firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Call centre is now closed. You can no longer book an appointment by telephone.
Booking Your First Appointment.
You can book your first appointment online, by post/courier or by coming to the hospital. You cannot book you first appointment by phone nor by email. Go to http://clin.cmcvellore.ac.in/webapt/ to book any appointment
What Appointment do you Want?
All patients wanting an appointment need to give us the following information.
- Departments: Please tell us the department(s) you want to see. This is the doctor you will consult in OPD.
- If you are not sure what doctor or department you need to see, just tell us what your problems are or send any medical reports about the problem. We can then make the right appointment for you.
- General or Private: Would you like a general appointment or private appointment?
- As a General Patient, you will be seen by one of the junior doctors from the department you choose.
- As a Private Patient, you will meet a consultant from the department you choose.
- Date: What date would you like the appointment? Please note: Some clinics are only open one day a week.
- Please do not forget that you will need to book your travel.
- It is best to make train reservations to arrive in Vellore on the evening before your appointment date. You can arrive any time before this, if you wish.
Paying for your Registration and First Appointment(s)
You will need to pay when you register and book your appointment. You can pay
by Credit card – online or in person at the hospital
by CHRIS card – online or in person at the hospital
(This is only issued by CMC Vellore.)
by Demand Draft – by post or courier.
by Cash – in person at the hospital.
Indian Credit Cards: You can pay using any Indian credit Cards with the VISA emblem (and 16 digits on the card).
Foreign Credit Cards: No foreign credit cards can be used. But, we hope to be able to accept foreign credit cards soon.
You can send your payment as a Demand Draft by post or courier. You must either
- Send a registration form that has been filled in with the Demand Draft. Please send this one month before the appointment date you want. OR
- Register on-line then kindly take the print out of the confirmation number and your details. Send this with the Demand Draft. Please send this one month before the appointment date you want. OR
- Register (on-line or by phone) and Book an appointment by phone then pay by demand draft. You need to send the confirmation number with this.
Please enclose the Demand Draft in Indian Rupees for the appointment. We also accept foreign bankers drafts made out in Rupees.
The draft should be in favour of
“Treasurer, CMC Vellore Association” and payable at Vellore Town Branch
Post or send by courier all this to:
The Head, Outpatient Services,
Christian Medical College, Vellore, Tamil Nadu. 632004.
We will let you know your appointment day, time etc:
- You live in India: We will text the details to your mobile phone or email if you do not have a mobile phone.
- You live outside India: We will email the details to you.
Please note: the rates are sometimes changed. So you may be asked to pay the difference after your arrival. If you paid too little, you will have to pay the extra needed. If you paid too much money, it will be credited to your CMC hospital account. This can be used to pay for other services or refunded to you.
If you have been to CMC, Vellore as a patient before you do not need to register again.
Appointments for non-Indian Citizens or Foreigner
You can read information about making an appointment as a non-Indian citizen by going to this page
This will also help you book the appointment. If you need any more information please write to email@example.com.
They will be able to help you.
Safety of your Hospital Number Card
When you register you will get a card. This is called the Hospital Number Card. The counter staff need this when you book appointments, pay and when you have blood tests and other tests done.
We also use it to find your chart which has the doctors notes, letters and your test results in it. Your tests and investigation results are listed using the hospital number.
Please keep it carefully. To get a duplicate hospital number card contact G-32 in the ground floor of the main OPD building. Do not register again just to get new card. It will give you two sets of hospital notes which can cause big problems.
Registration and Appointment Fees
The tariff and all fees increase in January each year. These are the fees posted on the CMC site in January 2016
|New Registration and Appointment:For first time at CMC. Paid ONCE only||
|Repeat Appointments||Within 3 Months||
|After 3 Months||
Note: Appointments are confirmed only after you have paid.
Do you need help with this?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help with this or have any questions. Or ask someone at the reception desk or help desk in the hospital.
|Christian Medical College, Vellore|
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
at CMC, Vellore